It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Cedar Grove Fire Department web site! The purpose of our web site is to educate and inform about the vast array of services, and the highly trained and motivated personnel that make up the Cedar Grove Fire Department.
Our Department is a 100% volunteer organization with four fire stations located throughout the township. We protect well over 12,000 people within 4.5 square miles and are actively involved with surrounding fire departments providing mutual aid wherever and whenever possible.
In these pages you’ll see the stations, the apparatus and the men and women who are dedicated to protecting your lives, property and well-being. Look around awhile and learn about our excellent training program, the special operations team, local fire prevention events, how to become a member and much more.
Your feedback is encouraged, so that we can respond to your needs. Let us know whether your visit was informative, and if you have any questions or comments, please email your remarks to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you’ll become familiar with who we are and what we do …we’re YOUR Cedar Grove Fire Department.
Chief of Department
- 2022 Night OutCedar Grove and Verona Team Up to Co-Host Night Out
- Cedar Grove Fire Responds To A Number Of Recent FiresFirefighters have responded to a number of fires in the township recently. Most were extinguished quickly. Assistance of surrounding towns was used. Although there has been extensive property damage, most importantly no injuries have been reported. The causes are under investigation, and appear to be random, including lightening and accidental.
- C.G.F.D Responds to Orange Mutual AidOn April 5th 2021 Cedar Grove Firefighters responded to the scene of a multiple alarm fire in Orange. They were subsequently dispatched to a second fire on Scotland Road.
- C.G.F.D. Responds to Car Fire 2-19-21Police and Firefighters responded to the scene of a car fire on Pompton Avenue. The fire was extinguished quickly there were no injuries reported.
- Hydrant ClearingPlease remember to clear the hydrant near your home