It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Cedar Grove Fire Department web site! The purpose of our web site is to educate and inform about the vast array of services, and the highly trained and motivated personnel that make up the Cedar Grove Fire Department.
Our Department is a 100% volunteer organization with four fire stations located throughout the township. We protect well over 12,000 people within 4.5 square miles and are actively involved with surrounding fire departments providing mutual aid wherever and whenever possible.
In these pages you’ll see the stations, the apparatus and the men and women who are dedicated to protecting your lives, property and well-being. Look around awhile and learn about our excellent training program, the special operations team, local fire prevention events, how to become a member and much more.
Your feedback is encouraged, so that we can respond to your needs. Let us know whether your visit was informative, and if you have any questions or comments, please email your remarks to email@example.com
We hope you’ll become familiar with who we are and what we do …we’re YOUR Cedar Grove Fire Department.
Chief of Department
New Firefighter Training
Probationary Firefighters Kyle Hill and Joseph Lombardi receive their initial firefighter training at the Passaic County Public Safety Academy. The course is a 200-hour introductory level progressive program. This level of training introduces the novice firefighter to the basics of nationally recognized firefighting techniques. Methods of instruction will include classroom theory, at-home online learning, as … Read more
- CGFD Responds Mutual Aid to East Orange4-14-2023 Cedar Grove Firefighters responded mutual aid to East Orange to assist at the scene of a 4-alarm fire on Central Ave.
- CGFD Responds Mutual Aid to North BergenOn 4-12-2023 at 1am Cedar Grove Firefighters responded as part of an Essex County Task Force to back fill the 16th Street Fire House in North Bergen. Cedar Grove provided coverage while North Hudson Firefighters battel two multi alarm blazes in Union City and Weehawken.
- CGFD Responds to Brush FireOn April 9th 2023 Cedar Grove Firefighters responded to Mills Reservation for a large brush fire. Firefighters extinguished the fire without incident with the assistance of Cedar Grove Public Works. Public Works provided additional chain saws and shuttled water to the Departments Brush Truck 75.
- New Firefighter TrainingProbationary Firefighters Kyle Hill and Joseph Lombardi receive their initial firefighter training at the Passaic County Public Safety Academy. The course is a 200-hour introductory level progressive program. This level of training introduces the novice firefighter to the basics of nationally recognized firefighting techniques. Methods of instruction will include classroom theory, at-home online learning, as … Read more
- CGFD Responds To Reported Truck FireMarch 21st 2023 Firefighters responded on the report of a truck fire on Rutgers Avenue. The fire had been extinguished by the driver. When firefighters arrived they were able to isolated the trucks electrical system.
- CGFD Responds To Vehicle RolloverOn March 20th 2023, Cedar Grove Police and Fire responded to the scene of a motor vehicle crash. Firefighters assisted police securing the vehicles for removal.
- CGFD Responds to Vehicle RolloverOn March 1st 2023 at 10:50 Pm firefighters responded on the report of a motor vehicle crash in the parking lot of the Essex County Hospital 204 Grove Ave. Upon arrival firefighters extricated one person from the vehicle. The victim was transported to a area hospital.
- CGFD Conducts Extrication TrainingOn February 19th 2023 firefighters conducted their monthly drill at the public works garage. Members extricated an simulated victim from a large dump truck. Training foam was also flowed to suppress flammable vapors from a simulated fuel spill while the victim was removed.
- CGFD Responds To Brush FireOn February 16th 2023 Cedar Grove Firefighters we dispatched to a reported brush fire along Vincent Road near Route 23. Upon arrival firefighter discovered that a power line had come down and was burning in the PSE&G right of way. The power was secured and the fire was extinguished without further incident.
- CGFD Responds Mutual Aid to VeronaOn January 5th 2023 at 4am Cedar Grove Firefighters assisted Verona Firefighters at the scene of a single vehicle motor vehicle crash. One person was extricated from the vehicle and transported to a area hospital.