It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Cedar Grove Fire Department web site! The purpose of our web site is to educate and inform about the vast array of services, and the highly trained and motivated personnel that make up the Cedar Grove Fire Department.
Our Department is a 100% volunteer organization with four fire stations located throughout the township. We protect well over 12,000 people within 4.5 square miles and are actively involved with surrounding fire departments providing mutual aid wherever and whenever possible.
In these pages you’ll see the stations, the apparatus and the men and women who are dedicated to protecting your lives, property and well-being. Look around awhile and learn about our excellent training program, the special operations team, local fire prevention events, how to become a member and much more.
Your feedback is encouraged, so that we can respond to your needs. Let us know whether your visit was informative, and if you have any questions or comments, please email your remarks to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you’ll become familiar with who we are and what we do …we’re YOUR Cedar Grove Fire Department.
Chief of Department
- CGFD Responded Mutual Aid To Maplewood.On September 19th 2022, Cedar Grove Firefighters provided coverage for the South Essex Fire Department in Maplewood while they were called to battled a general alarm fire in Irvington.
- Center Fire Company Shred EventCenter Fire Company along with Northern New Jersey’s PROSHRED will be holding a community document destruction event. The document destruction shred will be held Saturday October 15th 2022 from 8am to 12pm at Center Fire Company located in the Municipal Building 525 Rt.23 Cedar Grove. We are asking for a donation of $10.00 per copier … Read more
- September 11th 2022 CeremonyTownship Officials, Board of Education Staff, Students, CGFD, Cedar Grove Ambulance and residents gathered at the Cedar Grove Waves Memorial at CGHS to mark the 21st anniversary of 9/11 attacks.
- CGFD Assists in Staging of the ‘Waves’,The Cedar Grove Fire Department, in collaboration with the Township and Board of Education, is now assisting with the 9/11 Memorial Flag Installation. In its eighth year, Cedar Grove High School is memorializing the victims of 9/11 with the installation of 2,977 flags on the school’s front lawn, which is located at 90 Rugby Road, … Read more
- CGFD Responds to House FireCedar Grove Firefighters responded to a house fire on Loretta Drive. The fire was extinguished quickly and no injuries were reported. The home was damaged extensively.
- CGFD Responds Mutual Aid to Little FallsCedar Grove Firefighters assist Little Falls Firefighters at the scenes of a motor vehicle crash.
- Cedar Grove Fire responds to scene of motor vehicle crashFirefighters assisted Cedar Grove Police and EMS at the scene of a motor vehicle crash. Two persons were injured and one had to be extricated. Both were transported to a area hospital.
- 2022 Night OutCedar Grove and Verona Team Up to Co-Host Night Out
- Cedar Grove Fire Responds To A Number Of Recent FiresFirefighters have responded to a number of fires in the township recently. Most were extinguished quickly. Assistance of surrounding towns was used. Although there has been extensive property damage, most importantly no injuries have been reported. The causes are under investigation, and appear to be random, including lightening and accidental.
- C.G.F.D Responds to Orange Mutual AidOn April 5th 2021 Cedar Grove Firefighters responded to the scene of a multiple alarm fire in Orange. They were subsequently dispatched to a second fire on Scotland Road.